GOOD PARENT

Topics: Linguistics, Grammar, Slide Pages: 6 (846 words) Published: July 3, 2014


ASSIGNMENT
________________________________________________________________________

OUMH1303
ENGLISH FOR ORAL COMMUNICATION
MAY 2014 SEMESTER
________________________________________________________________________

INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS

1. This assignment contains TWO (2) tasks that is set in the language of the printed module for the course.

2. Answer in English.

3. Download the language version of the assignment template concerned from the MyVLE for preparation and submission of your assignment. Your assignment should be typed using 12 point Times New Roman font and 1.5 line spacing.

4. Your assignment should be between 2500 to 3000 words excluding references. Do not copy the assignment question and instructions to your answer. The number of words should be shown at the end of your assignment. Only assignment answer developed within the approximate word limit will be assessed.

5. You must submit your assignment TO YOUR FACE-TO-FACE TUTOR. You are advised to keep a copy of your submitted assignment for personal reference.

6. Your assignment must be submitted between 27th - 29th June 2014 or Tutorial 4. Submission after 29th June 2014 or Tutorial 4 will NOT be accepted.

7. Your assignment should be prepared individually. You should not copy another person’s assignment. You should also not plagiarise another person’s work as your own. EVALUATION
This assignment accounts for 30% of the marks for the course mentioned and shall be assessed based on the Rubrics or Answer Scheme.

You would be informed of the assignment mark before the Final Semester Examination commences.

PLAGIARISM : MARKS DEDUCTION

Warning: The submitted assignment will automatically undergo a similarity check. If plagiarism is detected, marks would be deducted as follows:

Assignments with 10 - 30 % overlap with others: 20% deduction from the total marks scored. Assignments with 31 - 50 % overlap with others: 40% deduction from the total marks scored. Assignments with more than 50% overlap with others: Zero mark would be given.

ASSIGNMENT QUESTION

PURPOSE
This assignment is divided into two categories;
a) a written assignment; and
b) an oral presentation.

The purpose of this assignment is to develop learners’ writing ability and apply specific skills that are required in an oral presentation.

QUESTION

A. WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT (20 Marks)

Assume that you are a founder of Brainy Montessori who will deliver a speech on Parenting Tips during your open day. Your speech is focused to this area, “What does it take to be a good parent?”  In your speech, describe the characteristics of a good parent. Give specific details to explain your views. Use your personal observations, experience, and knowledge.

Write your speech between 2500-3000 words. Each point should be elaborated with significant examples.

B. ORAL PRESENTATION (10 Marks)

1. You need to prepare 8 -10 MS PowerPoint slides based on the content of your paper (written assignment) for a 10 minute talk (oral presentation). 2. Use phrases rather than whole sentences to write the text of your slides. Use numbered/bulleted lists to organize and present main/supporting ideas on a given slide. 3. Make your slides visually interesting by using suitable colors for the background and embedded symbols and pictures as appropriate.

4. You can prepare a presentation slides using the guidelines below:

Slide 0Title

Slide 1Introduction

Slide 2Introduction

Slide 3Content 1, 2+ examples

Slide 4 Content 3, 4+ examples

Slide 5Content 5, 6+ examples

Slide 6Content 7, 8+ examples

Slide 7Conclusion

Slide 8Conclusion

[Total: 30 marks]
WRITTEN PAPER (20 marks):

Assessment Criteria
(Marks Allotment)
Descriptors
Marks

CONTENT & ORGANISATION

(12 marks)

Very Good to Excellent:
Substantive and knowledgeable development of assigned...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Characteristics of Good Parents Research Paper
  • What Makes a Good Parent Essay
  • 1 What Makes A Good Parent Essay
  • What Does It Take To Be A Good Parent Essay
  • Essay on Sole parents
  • Essay on Parents as Partners
  • Working Parents Essay
  • Parent Involvement Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free