1. Define a knowledgeable understanding about the Article II of the 1987 Philippine Constitution which is the Declaration of the Principles and State Policies.
2. Familiarize with the terms used in the declaration of the principles and state policies
3. Demonstrate a positive increase in attitude towards the principles and policies stated in the article II of Philippine Constitution.
4. Appreciate the importance of article II of the Philippine Constitution for shaping and building the country towards peace and progression.
5. Apply knowledge and understanding of Article II of the Philippine Constitution in practicing democracy and sovereignty with our countrymen.
Definition of Terms:
3. Sovereignty – is the absolute power of the State to enforce laws and command obedience to the people. Under the Philippine Constitution, it refers primarily to the Filipinos who form a collective legal association under a distinct political community.
4. Philippines – under the Constitution, is defined as a democratic and republican State
5. Armed forces of the Philippines – protector of the people and the state. Its goal is to secure the sovereignty of the State and the integrity of the national territory.
6. Labor- primary social economic force
7. Separation of the State and Church – the government cannot establish, endorse or favor any Religion
8. Supremacy of civilian authority – civilian authority takes precedence over military authority
9. Republic form of government – is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, a representative government wherein the powers and duties of the government are exercised and discharged for the common good and welfare.
10. Posse commitatus – it is the power of the state to require all able- bodied citizens to perform civic duty to maintain peace and order.
Summary of Report
The Article II...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document